Pays de la Loire
Property Ref: 11500
I would like to contact the seller directly
ELEGANT STONE BUILT 17th CENTURY GENTILHOMMIERE (300 m²) FULLY RENOVATED WITH COTTAGE. DPE: D
Situated in a great location : south Mayenne ( Haut Anjou) between Laval and Château-Gontier / 15 minutes drive from direct TGV links to Paris / 18 km to Laval airport / easy reach from regular ferries to UK / and famous touristic sites.
– This charming property FULLY RENOVATED (with many original architecture features) was once the prized abode of the Countess of Saint-Michel and is set on a fully enclosed 4.200 m² (with plenty of space for swimming pool and tennis) landscaped park easy to maintain / garden / orchard enjoying FULL SOUTH elevated panoramic views over the countryside and village (1 km) with all amenities and with all types of leisure activities.
– Could be ideal property for a B and B / chambres d’hôtes / gîte and where peace and quiet is required with lots of friendly wildlife (cheeky red squirrels and nesting birds, etc).
– 300 m² of living space (5 to 7 bedrooms with 3 complete bathrooms and toilets).
Attached to the main house is an independent beautiful self-contained stone cottage fully renovated (with a private terrace) which could be used as a multi-purpose holiday flat / gîte / artist studio / exhibition rooms / professional office, etc. Also inside there is an original brick bread oven (2 m in diameter) which brings an unique warm feeling of history.
As well, there is a fully secured stone barn outbuilding of 145 m² / 3 car garage / workshop / an old sheepfold room and its original manger, plus in the garden an independent wooden pony shed / stable not far from a stone well with unlimited supply of water for all the lawns, orchard trees, garden, etc.
Note : RE comfort : all French windows are double glazed and the best insulation thoughout in all the living quarters under the roof and for winter : gas central heating / wood chimney and electric radiators if necessary.
Ground floor :
– Combined living / dining / fully equipped kitchen (with lots of cupboards) = huge room of 80 m² (of terracotta original floor tiles) with exposed oak beams (some with a thickness of 40 cm) together with 2 beautiful rustic fireplaces (from floor to ceiling, one is 2,70 m wide and the second fireplace is 2,10 m wide in the kitchen).
– In the lounge 2 large built-in cupboards (floor to ceiling with antique doors).
– TV and telephone points.
– Internet access connection.
– This ground floor open onto a southern terrace of 40 m².
The original oak staircase is providing access to the 2 upper floors.
First floor :
– Large master bedroom (30 m²) with boudoir, chimney (floor to ceiling and 1,90 m wide), and antique cupboard.
– Spacious bathroom (full bath + separated free standing shower and washstand).
– Separated toilet with sink.
– Library (all shelves are made of first quality oak); this room of 25 m² could be used as a bedroom / professional office, etc.
Second floor (full flat) :
– 3 bedrooms (one of 26 m² and the two others of 15 m² each with marble chimney).
– Bathroom with shower / sink / toilet.
– Flooring : 17th century original tiles.
– Oak beams.
– Electric heating.
– Fully insulated.
Also there is under the main house a wine cellar (40 m²).
DUE TO AN OVERSEAS POSTING, English spoken OWNER WILL ACCEPT NOW TO PUT THE PRICE DOWN BY 30.000 € IMMEDIATELY (current valuation = 350.000 €) SELLING PRICE = ONLY 320.000 €.
If required, the future buyers have first option to buy extra at a very fair price some quality furniture and antiques / tools / mower… even a car is available (Citroën Berlingo Multispace) only 25.000 km.
This is a great opportunity for somebody with “flair” to get while it’s time an unique beautiful French property close to all modern amenities.